One of the things I do on a regular basis that I thoroughly enjoy is leading financial education presentations for groups of physicians. Most of these groups are residency and fellowship programs around the Pacific Northwest, but some are for employers of post-training physicians who want to provide additional financial wellness resources to their staff.
My presentations range from 40 minutes on the quicker end to 90 minutes on the longer end. The topics can include a mix of:
- How to avoid making expensive student loan repayment mistakes
- Things to consider before buying a house
- Saving for financial independence
- How to make efficient risk management decisions related to insurance
- The power of front-loading your financial plan early in your career
- The basics of investing
- How to think about large purchase decisions
Some groups are as small as four or five physicians while some are as large as 75 physicians. If you are interested in scheduling a group financial education discussion for your colleagues, please feel free to contact me.